CHISHOLM TRAIL COALITION
The re-enactment characters bring history to life, and are very entertaining.
"Cactus Jack" is the tour guide, and he makes sure that everyone has a great time!
Only a limited number of people can go on each tour, and it usually fills up
fast! So please call for reservations.
Individuals who cannot walk the entire distance around the Square can now ride
in a golf cart! Ask about this when you call for reservations.
Historical Downtown Enid
Presented by the
Chisholm Trail Coalition
3rd Saturday of each month
April through September
Adults: $8 Children: $4
14 Historical Sites with
CHISHOLM TRAIL COALITION • 122 N. INDEPENDENCE • ENID, OKLAHOMA 73701 • (580) 242-2233
· See the room above Garfield Furniture where David E. George, alias John Wilkes
Booth, lived and died.
· Hear the story of why some people think he may have been John Wilkes Booth, the
assassin of President Lincoln.
· Visit the site where the 1893 Land Office stood on the square, and hear what
it was like on that first day of the land run.
· Learn the story behind the murals that were painted in the hallways of the Garfield
· Meet Dick Yeager, Enid's most notorious outlaw, and see where the first jail
was built on the downtown square.
Call (580) 242-2233 for Reservations!